Sunday, October 21, 2012

NABBA North Harbour Champs '12



First place Shape class at NABBA North Harbour Champs 2012
Photo blog!

The Day Before the Show:




 After some posing practise we decided I was looking a bit too lean for the Shape class I was entered in, so after a week of hard dieting, I went home and had a massive salmon fillet, kumara, peaches and peanut butter.. YUM!















The morning of the show we sent a quick couple of pictures through to Michelle and decided I still needed to "soften up" a bit.. kumara and chocolate for breakfast.. I think so!!!!









       Finally, show time!!! The Shape line-up - a big class with eight gorgeous, friendly girls. 







A massive highlight was performing my routine, choreographed by Johanna Mountfort
Prize-giving...First place Ms Shape North Harbour :D
Such an honour to be sharing the stage with these amazing athletes - the Overall winners of each division
My amazing crew (minus a few) who keep me smiling on stage! Thank you xxx


My gorgeous ab-tastic friend Linda (in the middle) placed second in the Open Figure tall class

Backstage Fun!!

Team Club VO2 (or Team blonde?? )




The beautiful Michelle and I xxx


My placings in these two shows mean I am qualified to enter the National IFBB and NABBA shows next season! I'm going to enjoy some food then come up with a plan for some off-season training, with guidance from Michelle at MDSportsClinic. I will be blogging again soon to recap my adventure, (including some pics from the very start.. eek!) and what has been an amazing start to my new found sport!

There are so many people to thank for their contribution to my journey!

My gorgeous flat mate and friend Krista - "pro-tanner," driver when below-average-brain function, Routine-partner, Encourager, Confidence-giver, peace-keeper.. Krista you have been amazing xxxx

My Walk-when-we-are-ridiculously-tired-and-carbless buddy Tash AKA The World's Best Kitten Saver.. thank you for getting me through those last few weeks and making it a shit load of fun!!!
Thank you my beautiful Shenae for getting the ball rolling and inspiring all of us to take it further with our bodies and showing us what is possible. For passing on not only your shoes and your potassium pills but also your knowledge and bloody awesome support when on stage... "Nice legs!"... "Awkward"... "Same pose again Tarn"
Thank you Jo for putting together my routine, for  whipping my posing into Shape, for the last minute advice with how I was looking on Friday and for your time on the day of the show! It was great to learn from such a polished professional xxx



My hair and make-up professional Elle! Thank you for making me look good on stage ;)  It was so stress-free knowing you would be there with your magical bag of wondrous tricks, at BOTH shows to Barbi-fy me for stage!











My family for always being there however and whenever you are needed.. and thank you for the gluten free sausages!!!


My boys Daniel and Derek for helping me survive at school on those carb-less, tired days.. just knowing I could sit next to you guys and have you there for me was so amazing.







My patient wonderful understanding man Kurt, thank you for everything...

And my beautiful friend and mentor Michelle for being an inspiration from the beginning, for your time, energy and your belief in me. For helping me to achieve and surpass my goals. For an amazing, fun introduction to what is looking to be my new sport! 

1 comment:

  1. Great photos Tarn!! Congratulations again - awesome that your hard work had such a stunning result. Hope you enjoy your new food and training regime!!

    ReplyDelete