Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Today you are you..

It seems I've been MIA from this blog.. I've got good news and bad news, so to start with the bad, my dearest Pop passed away after a long battle with illness. My sculpt down to the March show has not been smooth and because of this, Michelle and I have reevaluated my plan to compete in the Pro-Am show.

With a lot of hard work I may have been able to achieve the look needed for the March show, but I didn't want to compromise my muscle mass and my mental state - brain needed for school!
I know we have made the right decision to start afresh and the good news is...the next show planned is in MAY! A whole 14 weeks away!!


Progress pic - quads 14 weeks out.. watch this space!
This means my calories and carbs are higher (protein balls..yum!) and my training volume is lower.

 Allowed in my diet for a limited time only!


Protein balls
2 scoops protein
3 TBSP Peanut butter
1/2 cup oats
Cinnamon
Mix with a dab of water then roll in coconut. Makes 4 servings


My girls! Shenae and Tash







Another exciting thing about this show is that I will be sharing the stage with two of my closest friends, Shenae (She Fit - Personal Trainer) and Tash, who will be doing her first ever show.




This year brings new challenges academically as I make the step up from a second year student to a third year chiropractic intern. From mid year I will be available to provide care for public patients at our fully supervised Chiropractic Centre at school...more on this as the year goes by...


I'm so excited to be working under Michelle's guidance again this season! She is very generously continuing to sponsor my weigh-ins and nutrition plans, which I am so grateful for! Girls.. if you need someone to help get you in shape (whether you plan to compete or not), see this lady! Check out her website here.




Leaving you with Dr. Seuss wisdom xo

2 comments:

  1. O wise words Dr Suess!
    Sounds like you re enjoying the opportunity to have a varied diet - enjoy the brain power!! Good luck with your plans, my sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cool lovey.. and its such a pleasure working with you and the new team we have brought together xx

    ReplyDelete