Monday, August 27, 2012

Stinky Saturday, So-so Sunday, Marvellous Monday

So I weighed in on Friday.

My body fat was down a tiny bit, not as much as we'd hoped. I will admit I was a Wee Bit Disappointed, especially after working so hard all week.

However, all is ok, I still have 8 weeks - lots can happen in 8 weeks!

Moving on..

I believe life is balanced - there will always be some good, some bad, some fantastic, some horrible.. and sometimes things are just steadily in the middle. So after an average weekend, I felt it was my time for some good.. and this came today in the form of winning a Portrait session for Kurt and I!

A bit like this? Maybe not :P
A while ago we'd decided we wanted to have some professional photos taken together, looking all buff pre/post comp and low and behold, up popped a competition for this exact prize!


I was sitting in pathology class today, refreshing my facebook, refreshing my facebook.. knowing that the winner(s) were to be announced today and when my name popped up I was so excited! (Due to distracted-excitedness I definitely am going to have to re-read a large portion of my notes on gastritis.. blergh)..

THANK-YOU to  Jennifer Johnston-Clark  for making my day/week (day/week in the future) so marvellous! I can't wait to train hard and get some awesome photos taken with my lovely man-friend!

The other exciting thing that needs a mention - My amazing trainer/mentor/friend Michelle competed this weekend down in Taupo at the INBA South Pacific Champs, she looked stunning and placed 3rd in her class, but also won the prize for the Best Overall Performance!

Here is a stage pic for the proof, Michelle in the pink bikini.
Michelle is a woman of many talents - personal trainer and massage therapist to name a couple.. check out Michelle's Facebook page here.


So that is all for tonight folks, I will leave you with this wisdom.. "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will look lovely." - Roald Dahl (Genius)


4 comments:

  1. Woohoo, can't wait to take some amazing photos for you guys, and to see your amazing hard work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about your win!!! I look forward to seeing what you come up with - you and Kurt posing should be fun. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you quote Roald Dahl. Wise people quote Roald Dahl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think I might incoorporate some more literary wisdom into these posts.. maybe some A.A. Milne in the future..

      Delete