Friday, August 17, 2012

Week ten

I learnt a thing or two today, about a certain appliance I thought I could trust. That deviant white machine that lives on my bathroom floor... Never trust the scales! Sneaky wee buggers!

I woke up all excited, albeit frightened, but feeling lean, mean and ready to see a good number on the scales! Much to my disappointment, the number staring back at me was the EXACTLY. THE. SAME. as last week!

Add this to the fact that I was iPod-less during my morning x-trainer session (I left my iPod at home amidst all the sneaky-scales-non-excitement) and we were nearly ready for a full scale BAD DAY. Until Michelle came along with her magical calipers!

THE RESULTS:
My body fat was down 1% percent from last week -  my muscle mass had increased and my total fat had decreased, rendering those sneaky scales very misleading instead.

This Nearly-Bad-Day quickly turned into a VERY-GOOD-DAY!

So much of a Happy Tarn I was, I forgot to get nervous before my Neuro Exam, which always means the exam goes well!



After an energetic back workout and a scrumptious dinner of fish, fresh beans and baby spinach I went to see my favourite man friend. Which was when my Very-Good-Day turned into the Best Day Ever!










He surprised me with a big present of supplements he'd got for me.. protein bars, L-carnitine,thermogenics, multi-vitamins and green tea!


It actually felt like Christmas! This from the one who has to put up with my mood-swings and emotions - I should be the one giving him presents! I can't wait to put them to good use! Bring on Week Nine!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous best-ever day!! What a lovely man-friend you have to be so supportive!! I hope you have given those scales a jolly good talking to - fancy misleading you like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tarn!! Obviously your idea of a fabulous best-ever day and mine are completely different but I admire your drive and your energy. Look forward to progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerryn! Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete