Friday, August 3, 2012

Week Twelve - Tick!

Last night I understood what Shenae has said about not sleeping the night before a weigh-in.. and waking up WAY too early. It's scary knowing you have 12 weeks/11 weeks/10 weeks to lose a certain amount of weight.
However! Great Success! In one week I managed to lose around 2 kg of fat AND gained back a kg of muscle that I had progressively lost over the last few weeks.
PS Mum - I found this totally interesting,
glutamine has been shown to help
protect the gut mucosa and it's been suggested
that people with damage from Coeliac's/IBS/ Crohn's
can benefit from increased glutamine levels



I've been supplementing with glutamine and it seems to have done the trick! Yes..it is an area of debate and there is a lack of "scientific evidence" that increasing glutamine levels actually helps to prevent muscle loss or promotes muscle gain, but the proof is in the pudding.. (or maybe not the pudding).. and it seems to have worked for me.

The plan for week 11 is another big week with another good amount of fat loss, so my diet is the same, with the exception of AN EXTRA EGG at night times (which I am actually quite excited about).

I don't tell many people about my training and competition goals, they have to be special to be let in on the secret..
However, when I do tell people I am entering a bodybuilding competition, I'm sure this is what springs to mind as they pretend to be enthused and excited for me.

 To give you a better visual, this is typically what the Shape class looks like, and is the class I am aiming for. 

Just to let you know, rice porridge pancakes don't exist for good reason.. they fail at being pancakes and you just end up with a runny porridgey mess in your frying pan.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post Tarn!! And well done on the muscle gain :-)Pity about the pancakes :-(

    ReplyDelete